TRENTON, NJ – New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) Commissioner Richard E. Constable, III today announced the session lineup for the 2012 NJ Governor’s Conference for Housing and Economic Development. Attendees can choose from 25 different educational sessions in such areas as property management, financing and redevelopment, economic development, economic recovery, and resources for communities. The conference is slated for Tuesday, October 16 and Wednesday, October 17 at the Atlantic City Convention Center.
“The session topics for this year’s conference were selected to guide and inspire conference participants on ways to contribute to New Jersey’s comeback in this challenging worldwide economy,” said Commissioner Constable. “Whether it’s housing professionals looking to achieve full project occupancy, small business owners wanting to access financing, or local government officials seeking to maximize their ratable base, this conference will put attendees in a better position to achieve their goals.”
Recognizing that housing development tends to be a primary driver of economic resurgence, the 2012 conference theme is “Leading the Way Back Home… the Key to Economic Growth.” Session highlights include the following:
- Clean Energy Solutions for Sustainable Development: Hear from industry and government experts on how to utilize state resources to “go green.” The session will also address sustainability techniques and project financing.
- “Partnership for Action” in Action: Learn about the “Partnership for Action”, New Jersey’s aggressive effort led by Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno to foster job creation and encourage long-term economic growth. The session will highlight the three branches of the Partnership: the Business Action Center, the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, and Choose New Jersey.
- “Do A.C.!” – Revitalizing Atlantic City: From Revel Resort and Margaritaville to the redevelopment of the South Inlet, Atlantic City is in the midst of a revival. Find out what’s next as the State continues to implement Governor Christie’s Tourism District Master Plan.
- Foreclosures in New Jersey – Help for Homeowners: Learn about state and federal programs that are available to assist homeowners who are in or facing imminent foreclosure.
- Overall State Economic Picture: Hear from experts on the overall state economic picture, including progress and current predictions related to recovery. The session will address the status of the employment and housing sectors and how they impact the greater economy both in the long- and short-term.
- Tough Economy -- How Municipalities Can Increase Their Bottom Line: Explore strategies and methodologies to help municipalities determine the fiscal impact of development efforts and increase revenues.
There will be an Atlantic City bus tour on October 16 during which participants will tour the City’s innovative community development projects and learn how they are key to economic growth. Also, the conference will host an Excellence in Housing and Economic Development Awards Luncheon on October 17 where the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency and New Jersey Economic Development Authority will honor organizations and individuals for outstanding housing and economic development.
The NJ Governor’s Conference for Housing and Economic Development is hosted by the Department of Community Affairs, the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency and the New Jersey Economic Development Authority. The conference is self-sustaining, funded entirely through sponsorship opportunities and registration fees.
Registration is now open for the 2012 Governor’s Conference for Housing and Economic Development. For more information or to register, log on to http://www.njhousingconference.com