“The goal of this conference has always been to inspire women to reach their full potential and pursue their true passion in life. This year’s sessions – and the speakers and moderators who are presenting them – ably speak to that goal,” Commissioner Grifa said. “Instead of dwelling on the controversies that often dominate and consume the news and our everyday lives, the conference sessions will focus on the positive steps, encouragement and support needed to move ourselves forward.”
The theme of the 2011 NJ Governor’s Conference for Women is “Read All About It.” The session topics and keynote speakers were selected to guide and inspire conference participants from a diverse array of occupations, races, ethnicities, religious preferences, and income levels. Sessions are detailed corresponding to their tracks below:
Track 1 – Community
- (9:45 a.m.-10:45 a.m.) – Glass Ceiling Breakers: Women in the New Millennium – Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno Joins Former New Jersey Governor Christie Todd Whitman and Princeton University President Shirley Tilghman
- (11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.) – From Bonnets to Hard Hats
- (2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.) – Be a Leader, Not a Follower
- (9:45 a.m.-10:45 a.m.) – Looking for Creative Solutions
- (11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.) – Finding Resilience, Featuring Trisha Meili “The Central Park Jogger”
- (2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.) – Woman to Woman to Woman – The Power of Networking
- (9:45 a.m.-10:45 a.m.) – Release the Entrepreneur Within
- (11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.) – “Debt” is More Than a Four Letter Word
- (2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.) – Retirement Can Work for You! Featuring Rewiring® Expert Jeri Sedlar
- (9:45 a.m.-10:45 a.m.) – Making Better Choices: For Your Health, Nutrition and Well-Being
- (11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.) – If You Want Time, You Have to Make It
- (2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.) – Laugh and the World Laughs with You. De-stress Yourself!
- (9:45 a.m.-10:45 a.m.) - She Who Can, Does
- (11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.) - Town Hall Meeting with Your Legislators
- (2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.) - Town Hall Meeting with Your Legislators
The Governor’s Conference for Women is hosted by the DCA’s Division on Women and the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency, a DCA affiliate. The conference is self-sustaining, funded entirely through sponsorship opportunities and registration fees.
Registration is now open for the 2011 NJ Governor’s Conference for Women. For more information or to register, visit us online at www.njwomensconference.com.